Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day brings about many happy memories from my childhood.  My dad was/is a strong believer in supporting his family through hard work!  He maintained that belief all throughout my childhood, and up through this very day.  If my dad wasn't at his workplace; he was mowing the lawn, fixing something in disrepair, or constructing a much needed item.  He is definitely a man of ambition.

Not only did my father provide us with a strong work ethic, but he gave me a sense of security in our home.  When Dad was gone, especially at night, I would feel insecure and afraid.  Mom was there, but something about Dad being away caused me to fear and dread nighttime.  I always thought my dad was very strong and could beat anyone up!  :D  He was not gone very often, but I sure hated it when he was away.

Now, since Dad has retired, he remains busy constructing various items out of wood:  Bookshelves, desks, decorative projects, and others.  He can make almost anything!  He can fix about anything too!  When I was a girl, something would break, and he thought he couldn't fix it.  With some prodding and encouragement from my mom, he would almost always fix the problem!

Although rather quiet, my dad is a special man to me.  He is very gifted in many ways.  I appreciate the many hours he has sacrificed to our family to help fix something, remodel a room, or lend a helping hand in some manner!  He is a wonderful dad! 

I love you Dad!  You are the greatest!  Happy Father's Day!


My husband is a great Father too!  Since we had our very first child, he has been there to provide love and care.  His reassuring words, his kind acts, and the time he spends with each one of the children is a rarity indeed.  Many fathers neglect the importance of spending time with their family.  Not this Daddy! 

Through the years he has changed many diapers, changed many clothes, accomplished many loads of laundry, read hundreds of books to the kids, played an abundance of games, and has provided LOADS of support to me.  After coming home from a long day at work, he would gladly sit one of the children on his lap and read a book, or tell a story, and play a game.  I could not begin to tell you of the joy and fun he has brought into our lives.  He loves to bring laughter and happiness into our home!

His spiritual guidance has been substantial through the years too.  With his unerring example of private devotions every day, his consistent walk with the Lord, and his christ-like attitude, he has proven a life in full surrender to Christ and a blessing to our family. His seemingly unending knowledge of the Bible has always been amazing to me, and has been such a help in our various capacities of ministry. 

I pray that God will allow me to celebrate many more Father's days with this special man:  The man of more than my dreams.  Happy Father's Day Sweetheart!  I'm thankful you are the father of our children, and best of all, my husband!




No comments:

Post a Comment