Thursday, February 16, 2012

Luv My Family!

Beautiful flowers my Hubby gave me! He is so sweet!

Fruit Tart

Chocolate Pie

I wanted to do something special for my little family on Valentine's Day! I made up my mind I didn't care how much school work I had; I was going to spend some time preparing something nice! I came up with a tasty meal and decided to have it on Monday, a day before Valentine's Day, since other activities were planned for Tuesday. The menu for the evening was: Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade rolls, cauliflower, a fruit tart, and homemade chocolate pie. I thought it turned out quite good! I have made chocolate pies before, but this was a new recipe and was very tasty and rich! I also have never made a fruit tart, but I thought it looked absolutely delicious, so wanted to try it. Here is the link to the recipe if you are interested: http://www.joyofbaking.com/FruitTart.html
This is the link for the chocolate pie recipe: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/pie/chocolate-pie-6.html?p=67

I think my little family appreciated the time I spent to create a good meal for them. We usually eat meals at home, but they do not take as much time since I'm busy with school. I enjoy doing something special from time to time. :o)

I didn't think to take pictures of our meal before we ate. I thought about taking a couple of pictures afterwards. Excuse the messy look!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on our love story post.

    Your treats that you made for your family look so NICE! I'm so glad you got to do that special day for them. I know they loved it and it had to have helped your heart too. I'm sure you can't wait until your studies are behind you. (I remember our year in Costa Rica that we studied Spanish. I HATED being away from my kids and my home...but Jesus helped me survive that year.)
    Your flowers from your sweetheart are so pretty.
    I had tried to leave my email address for you in such a way that a spammer wouldn't pick it up, but I must have left it in a way that was confusing to you. We have never received any emails from you. We also checked in our spam and trash boxes and there wasn't anything either. So, maybe I could leave you my phone number (which is an Ohio number) and you could give me a quick call and give me your brother's info...or I could give you my email address then. 513-729-7097
    Skype has been acting up on us and our phone DOES NOT RING so the only way we know we are getting a phone call is if we have the computer on and see it come up on the screen. So, if you try to call and can't get me...PLEASE leave a message with who you are and your phone number and I'll call you back when I get it. =)
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete