Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Doctor Visit ... Nighttime Experience

We took Joshua to the doctor last evening to find out that in addition to his teething, he also has acquired an ear infection. The doctor said this could be related to all of his teeth coming in at once. Today he is feeling so much better, after only two doses of antiobiotics. I had an experience with him during the night though, that scared me to death for which I've never had before with any of my other children. About 3 o'clock this morning he started screaming at the top of his lungs. I went to see what the problem was, and he was on his knees rocking back and forth screaming, like he was in horrible pain. I picked him up and brought him out in the living room, and he continued to scream and would not sit still in my arms. In fact, I could hardly hold him, he was wiggling so intensely. I put him on the floor, and he kept rolling all over screaming. It seemed he was writhing in pain. Finally, he calmed down, and I was able to hold him, and he fell back asleep. I was afraid to put him back in bed, in case something terrible was going on with him, so I kept him in the living room with me. Every so often he would cry out, but then go back to sleep. James thinks he was having a nightmare, but I don't know...It was scary to say the least. Thank the Lord, he is doing much better today, and I hope we are past the worst part of this illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment