Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Junior-Senior Banquet (G.B.S.) - April 29, 1989

James and my Engagement Picture - 1989

To follow Marea Pouzar's lead, I will explain how James and I met and began dating. We both attended God's Bible School and College in Cincinnati, Ohio. There we became interested in one another, not long after I began my college career in 1987. You see, James was a preacher for one of the Nursing Home ministries that G.B.S. had. I also was interested in Nursing Home ministry, so began taking part near the beginning of the school year of 1987. After a short period of time, with a friend's "help" James and I began to realize that each was interested in the other. At the time, I was a High School Study Hall monitor in the library. So, in the afternoon, James would make his way to the library to "study". I don't know how much studying was accomplished, because many of his thoughts and sights were on the Study Hall High School Monitor. He soon asked me out for a date. This date was to attend the School Talent Show. I was so excited, even though it was on campus and pretty short at that. From then on is history. We dated regularly, and finally the big day arrived. It was a Sunday afternoon, and James was visiting my home. On Sundays we always went to our pastor's home for dinner. They were like family to us, and my mom prepared a good portion of the meal. Anyway, we were at the parsonage that day. The house was attached to the church, so James and I were spending some time alone in the church. James took me to the platform, and there he asked me to marry him. Of course, I said, "yes". We planned for our wedding and were married July 29, 1989 in Lockport, Illinois. So, along with the Pouzars and the Eads, some friends of ours, we will be married for 20 years this year.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing how you met. It's fun learning how different couples become Mr. & Mrs.

    ReplyDelete