Friday, December 11, 2009

Sick


Joshua gave me a big scare during the night last night!  He woke up gasping for breath, coughing, gagging, and vomiting.  His head felt so hot, I immediately knew he had a fever.  He could hardly talk due to his condition, but kept saying, "hurts, hurts".  I assumed his chest was what was hurting, since his breathing was so terribly loud and labored.  I was so nervous and was praying that God would quickly touch him, for I didn't want to visit the Emergency Room.  I hate going there, with all of the germs floating around, and the long wait that it usually entails.  So, with Vaporizer going, Ibuprofen, and books galore we made it through the night.  After many hours, he finally fell back to sleep around 6:30 this morning.  What a night, especially since he awoke around 1:30 a.m.!  Needless to say, I'm quite exhausted today, but am thankful Joshua seems to be doing a little better.  He has had no fever, ate a good lunch, and is quite ambitious.  His breathing is still labored and sounds like he could use a breathing treatment.  I've called the doctor, but cannot get him in today.  The office that takes the Pediatrician's overflow are also booked up today, and tomorrow.  So ... what to do?  I DON'T WANT TO TAKE HIM TO THE ER (unless I definitely have to.).  I'm considering Quick Care, but really don't like those places, but that may just be where we end up later today.  So, on goes the life of a mother and sick child....!  Actually, while awake during the night, really got me to thinking.  There are many, many sick children in our world, much more sick than Joshua has ever been, and to think what their parents must go through.  I cannot imagine!  Lord, help me show more compassion upon those who are suffering, and help me be more thankful for each day you allow us  the privilege of having a healthy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment