Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Preparing for the Season




I regret not taking any pictures of our family Thanksgiving get-together.  The day, of course, was very busy, so with all the excitement and busyness, I failed to take any pictures.  I now wish I would have.  Sheldon, his five children, and my parents all came for dinner, and stayed for a while chatting and playing games together.  After everyone
left Thanksgiving evening, Nathan and Evangelyn immediately began taking down all my Fall decorations, and putting up Christmas decor.  They really enjoy decorating while I don't enjoy it near as much as I used to.  I guess I'm getting old.  Well, four days later, we are still decorating.  The trees are up, but some of the other decorating is not complete.  Mom is supposed to do the rest!  I hope to finish up within the next day or two.  It is VERY difficult to get much accomplished with the "help" of a two year old!  Whew!  It seems the minute I think I have everything in place, he's busy moving it somewhere else!  Oh, well, I'll look back on these days in a few years, and wish he were this age again.  May each of you enjoy these few weeks before Christmas, and remember the real reason of the season:  Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment